Brag Board 2015-2016
Brag Board 2015-2016
- Valedictorian – Sara McCracken
- Salutatorian – Lainey Forbes
- STAR student – Sara McCracken
- STAR teacher – Mrs. Linda Fix
- Congrats to Chris Kalaani and Andrew Cribbs for being named to 2nd Team All-Region, and LA Anderson and Caleb Carter for being named to 1st Team All-Region in soccer
- Congrats to Autumn Brown and Blair Chapman for being named to 2nd Team All-Region and Cole Robertson and Meghan Judy for being named to 1st Team All-Region in soccer.
- Big Congrats to Meghan Judy who was named 2016 Region 1-AAA Defensive Player of the Year!
- The FCCLA Star event: Moving on to the National Competition in San Diego California this summer: 2nd Place - Haley Parrish in Early Childhood education, 1st Place - Natalie Barber in Entrepreneurship, 1st Place - Madison Fields in Teach and Train.
- Young Georgia Author winners – System Level – 12th grade: Narayan Saviskas; 11th grade: Ne’Keya Hagins; 9th grade: Drew Robertson.
- Miss SEB, Miss Friendship, & People's Choice - Madison Morgan
1st runner up - Savannah Floyd
2nd runner up & Miss Photogenic - Allison Collins
- Miss SEB Princess - Jade Hoyle
1st runner up & Miss Photogenic - Coley Nevil
2nd runner - Addison Trower
People's Choice - Hailey Gibbs
Miss Friendship - Alyssa Ruarks
- SEBHS Weight Team Class AAA State Champions. 1st places and state champions: Jonathan Volskay, Cecil McCollum, Nick Joyner, Chase Walker, Ryan Ruarks and Paul Allen. Jonathan Volskay was named the strongest weight lifter in Class AAA.
- We are pleased to announce that, Eric Riggs, has been selected as a finalist in the 2015-2016 Creativity Connects the World Art Exhibition! They stated that his "artwork showed a true connection to the theme, had stunning visual appeal, presented age-appropriate critical thinking and responded to the theme with originality." Eric will receive $100 in Crayola products and the school will receive $200 in crayola products. Eric's artwork will be on display at the U.S State Department of Education and will become a part of their permanent art collection.
- SEBHS's Young Georgia Authors winners are:
Narayan Saviskas, Jr., for "The Specter"
N'Keiya Hagins for "Passion Agression"
Isabell Duran for "Dilapidation"
Drew Robertson for "Only the Good"
- Congratulations to the Southeast Bulloch Literary Team for winning 2ND Place in region! Southeast Bulloch competed against seven other schools and placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in TEN out of TWELVE events!! Special recognition goes to our two FIRST PLACE WINNERS…Jordon Lee and Jonathan Saviskas. They will compete at the state literary competition on March 12.
- Several students competed in FFA Career Development Events last week. The results are as follows: Senior Nursery/Landscape placed 2nd and advances to state: Laurabeth Bland, Caleb Mathis, Shelbie McLaughlin.
- At LGPE yesterday, Advanced Chorus and Women’s Choir got three straight Superiors and Concert Choir got an excellent (missed Superior by only one subcategory!!!) Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Hayley Fritch who was awarded a $500.00 scholarship from GA HOSA.
- Congratulations to the following FCCLA Star event participates: Madison Fields in Teach and Train - Gold Medal; Haley Parrish In Early Childhood Education - Gold Medal; Gracen Hitchens and Autumn Brown in Chapter Service Project Display - Silver Medal; LA Anderson in National Programs In Action - Gold Medal; Natalie Barber in Entrepreneurship - Gold Medal
Each of them will be progressing to State Competition in Athens.
Lindsey Fisher and Samantha Groover also competed in the area of Focus on Children and won a silver medal.
- Victoria Pacheco has been selected to attend the Air Force Academy summer training seminar in Colorado Springs.
- SEBHS 2016 Valedictorian: Sara McCracken and Salutatorian: Lainey Forbes
- Winners of the VFW writing contest: Voice of Democracy: The winners from SEBHS were Melissa Mackelprang (1st), Gracie Thompson (2nd), and Lauren McCorkle (3rd).
- Joseph Mudrew attended the Governor's Honors Program in the area of Agriscience during the summer of 2015.
- The 2015 Leadership Georgia class (approx. 200 participants from across the state), visited the SEB Agriculture Program in September.
- The following FFA Career Development Events advanced and placed at state: Farm Business Management - 10th at State - Laurabeth Bland, Meredith Greene, Collin Gawthrop, and Wyatt Turner; Senior Floral Design - 5th at State - Sydney Fritch; Job Interview - 7th at State - Shelby McDowell
- Carl (L. A.) Anderson signed a grant-in-aid to play soccer at King University in Bristol, Tennessee.
- Kristen Smith and Gabrielle Frederick placed in top 5 for a website that they created for TAG ED Student Innovation Award in October, 2015.
- Addison Trower and Harlee Blair placed in HOSA Regional Finals and are eligible to advance to HOSA State Competition in February, 2016.
- Hayley Fritch was elected HOSA State Vice President for 2015 - 2016 school year and has represented SEBHS and all GA HOSA members.
- The Varsity Math Team consisting of Joseph Muldrew, Annie Mullins, Robin Tanaka-Blitch and YiNing Zheng placed 3rd out of 36 teams from 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A schools at the 2016 Georgia Southern University Mathematics Tournament.
- Exchange Club Youth of the Month - Ashley Patrick and Hayley Fritch
- STAR Student - Sara McCracken
- STAR Teacher - Linda Fix
- Advanced Chorus rated as the top large mixed choir at the first ever Invitational Georgia Southern Choral Competition (Sing at Southern).
- SEBHS Choral program had 11 student make the prestigious All-State Choir: Natalia Dominquez, Melodie Gapac, Jackson German, N’Keiya Hagins, Will Harden, Jenny Heller, Jordon Lee, Olivia Riner, Christopher Schmidt, Robin Tanaka Blitch and Josiah Williams
- Layla Martin placed 1st in Multimedia Applications at the Bulloch County Tech Fair. She will be going to the state competition.
- 16 band members were selected for the Southeastern United States Honor Band: Sara McCracken, Lainey Forbes, John Strickland, Maia Olsen, Cash Owens, Ashleigh Riggs, Gabe Petkewich, Elijah Jewell, Andrea Appleton, Annie Mullins, Becca Brown, Lauren Kibler, Ariel Lyman, Brianna Rhodes, Kera Olsen and Matt Mantz.
- Mary Grace Manahan signed a letter of intent to play softball with Kennesaw State University
- Farm Business Management Team place 2nd and will advance to State.
- Annie Mullins and Elijah Jewell won 1st place in Hydrogeology at UGA Science Olympiad Invitational
- The SEB Football team placed 1st in sub-region; runner-up in region.
- The SEBHS competition cheerleaders won 1st in Sectionals; 3rd place in State
- The SEBHS competition cheerleaders won 1st place in the AAA division and were the Grand Champions at the Greyhound Invitational at Georgia College and State University on Saturday! They beat 22 teams from all divisions!
- Anna Forbes - winner of the Fluttering through Plains Art post card contest sponsored by the Jimmy Carter NHS Education Program. There were over eight thousand entries from all over the state and one winner was selected for each grade level. She received a certificate, ribbon and neck medallion from President Carter himself on Saturday September 26th. Her winning entry will be available to be viewed on their website www.jimmycarter.info under In The Spotlight.
- Tyler Collins and Tanner Todd named to State School Superintendent Richard Woods 2015-2016 Student Advisory Council.
- SEBHS Healthcare Science program successfully completed GA DOE Industry Re-certification April 28, 2015
- Annie Mullins was named the State Winner for the Trig Star Contest for 2015 this past Saturday at the State Convention of the Georgia Chapter of the National Society of Professional Surveyors in Jekyll Island. Annie had a perfect score of 100 on the test and received $750 for being the state winner.
- Amy Cooper - 4th place finish for Researched Persuasive Speaking at the National HOSA Competitions in Anaheim, CA this summer. There were 150 competitors (Top 3 from each state). There were over 8500 HOSA members in 55 category competitions.
Brag Board 2014-2015
Brag Board 2014-2015
- Cash Owens, a Junior at Southeast Bulloch High of Brooklet has been nominated to attend the Congress of Future Science and Technology Leaders in Boston, MA on June 28th . The Congress is an honors-only program for high school students
- The SEBHS Advanced Chorus was rated Superior at COA (Choirs of America) Nationals in NYC.
- Congratulations to Stephen Mikell for being named the Region 1-AAA boys tennis player of the year recently. Stephen was undefeated in all his matches as the #1 singles player for SEB this season.
- Congratulations to our Bulloch County Young Georgia Authors: Allison Davis, 1st place for 9th graders, N’Keiya Hagins, 3rd place for 10th graders, Sara McCracken 3rd place for 11th graders and Samantha Goodman, 2nd place for 12th graders.
- AD of The Year"!!! Congrats Coach Webb!!!
- Joshua Woods was the state champion in the armed knockout drill
- SEB placed first in the male armed squad event, led by David Cryer,
- Congratulations to Lauren Dubberly for her 1st place win in the Chapter Secretary Award for our Area 4. Lauren will now compete on the state level.
- Congratulations to Cynthia Lovett--she has been named Georgia ProStart Teacher of Year!!!
- Congratulations to our SEB teams that participated in the Area 4 Jr. and Sr. Nursery/Landscape competition. In the Jr. competition, Logan Sauls took 1st place; Frannie Sanders, 2nd place; Laura Beth Bland, 3rd place and Meredith Greene, 4th place. In the Sr. competition, Hayden Farthing placed 1st, Bryan Piet 2nd place, Mollie Cromley, 3rd place and Lauren Stringer, 4th place. SEB will represent the Central Region at the State Competition in March!
- BROOKLET SINGS NASCAR NATIONAL ANTHEM: Southeast Bulloch High School Chorus Director, Brent Whitaker, who's also Senior Master Sgt. and Superintendent of Air National Guard's "Band of the South" singing the National Anthem at the Atlanta Motor Speedway for today's Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500.
- Congratulations to Brent Whitaker!!! He will be singing the National Anthem on March 1 for NASCAR at the Atlanta Speedway race.
- Congratulations to Lauren Boddiford, STAR student and Susan Boddiford, STAR teacher!!!
- The Southeast Bulloch math team participated in the Georgia Southwestern State University Mathematics Tournament held on Friday, February 20, 2015 in Americus, Georgia. The team placed 1st among all participating AAA teams from all over Georgia. In addition to the team award, Lauren Boddiford was 1st place AAA individual, Robin Tanaka-Blitch was 2nd place AAA individual, and Shelbi Johnson was 3rd place AAA individual. Team members were Lauren Boddiford, Atakan Cocen, Chyann Hoyle, Shelbi Johnson, Joseph Muldrew, Annie Mullens, Robin Tanaka-Blitch, and Yining Zheng.
- Congratulations to Hayley Fritch. Hayley has been slated to run, uncontested, as HOSA State Vice President!! Voting and installment will take place at State Conference in Athens, March 14, 2015.
- Hayley Fritch and Robin Tanaka Blitch, HOSA members were selected as finalists for the Health IT Student Innovation Award. They placed in the top 3 and will receive $1,000.00 award.
- Congratulations to the following SEB students who made All State Chorus 2015: Lauren Boddiford, Alex Davis, Melodie Gapac, Will Harden, Jordon Lee, MaryBeth Newbauer, Crystal Nevius, Hunter Silver, Robin Tanaka Blitch, Grace Tolentino and Josiah Williams
- Cheer Competition Squad – 3rd place at State
- Band, the Swarm – Class AAA champions, 4th in State
- Volleyball Area 1AAA: Coach of the year: Stephanie Harrelson;
1st team: Cierra Jordan and Sarah Ledlow;
2nd team: Savannah Black and Breanna Vanloo
- Linda Fix, SEBHS TOTY, Bulloch County TOTY
- The Southeast Bulloch High School Advanced Chorus has been invited to sing at the 2015 Georgia Music Educator's Association Convention!!! This honor is reserved for about 2 to 3 high school choirs, and is chosen, by committee, out of the entire state of Georgia!!! This is the greatest state honor a choir can receive, and we will be performing for music educators and administrators from all over the state!
- Crystal Nevius, a student at Southeast Bulloch High School (SEBHS), is Georgia’s 2014 Trig-Star champion.
Brag Board 2013-2014
Brag Board 2013-2014
- Congratulations to Crystal Nevius. She is the state Trig Star winner. She will advance to national competition.
- Eric Riggs, 1st place winner of “Forestry: A Foundation for our Future” Contest
- Jasmine Roberts, 1st place state meet for triple jump
- Preston Smith, 1st place state meet for triple jump
- Congratulations to Alexandra Hendrix!!! She won 1st place for the county talent show. Congratulations to Zach Futch, Namoi Cook, Aaron Carter, and Kathryn Tapley!!!! They won 2nd place for the county talent show and People's Choice
- Here is a recap of our participation in State FFA Convention.
- Proficiency Awards:
- Taylor Bishop - 2nd in State in Poultry Production
- Knapp Boddiford - 1st in State in Diversified Crop Production Placement
- Mollie Cromley - 2nd in State in Specialty Crop Production
- Sam Cromley - 1st in State in Fiber/Oil Crop Production
- Marshall Duke - 3rd in State in Landscape Management
- William Joiner - 2nd in State in Ag Mechanics Design & Fabrication
- Ethan Perkins - 1st in State in Small Animal Production
- Hayden Farthing - 1st in State in Secretary's Award
- Jacob Proctor - 1st in State in Treasurer's Award
- Sam Goodman - 1st in Area in National FFA Week Observance Award
- Shelby McDowell - Washington Leadership Conference Scholarship Recipient
- Hayden Farthing - Georgia Green Industry Association Junior Certification
- Bryan Piet - Georgia Green Industry Association Junior Certification
- Mollie Cromley - elected to serve as 2014-2015 State FFA Secretary
- Girls track at state meet. Jasmine Roberts--state champion in triple jump; 5th in state in long jump; Naomi Cook--5th in state in shot put; Philicia Batton--2nd in state in high jump.
- Kayla Campbell won Gold for her project “Eco Dress,” in the Recycle and Redesign category. Hannah Parrish and Kayla Lanier, both seniors, won Silver for their Community Service Display entry. Kayla Campbell, Hannah Parrish, and Kayla Lanier qualified for the national STAR event to be held July 6 – 10, during the National FCCLA Leadership Conference in San Antonio
- SEB CHORUS TO SING AT CARNEGIE HALL
- Morgan Alford, Exchange Club Youth of the Year
- These students were selected to represent the Central Region in the State FFA Proficiency Award categories: William Joiner - Ag Mechanics Design & Fabrication, Knapp Boddiford - Diversified Crop Production Placement, Sam Cromley - Fiber/Oil Crop Production, Marshall Duke - Landscape Management, Taylor Bishop - Poultry Production, Ethan Perkins - Small Animal Production & Care, Mollie Cromley - Specialty Crop Production
- Congratulations to the SEB Symphonic Band for receiving Straight Superior Ratings at the Shamrock Concert Festival
- Young Georgia Authors competition: 2nd place Will Collins, 2nd place Payton Burgstiner, 1st place Bree Townsend
- HOSA state winners:Katelyn Walker and Micaela Wert - First Place CPR and First Aid
- Literary Team at State:Zach Futch for 1st place in Boy’s Solo; Justin Boone, Zach Futch, Jordon Lee and Josiah Williams placed 2nd in Boy’s Quartet
- Congratulations to Ginna Goover for being the 2014 SEBHS Valedictorian;
- Congratulations to Kayleigh Dyches for being the 2014 SEBHS Salutatorian.
- Ginna Groover, STAR Student; Tiffany Todd, STAR Teacher
- Elijah Jewell, 1st place in Hardware and 1st place in Technology Literacy at Regional Tech Fair
- William Tyler Collins, 2nd place Technology Literacy at Regional Tech Fair
- Congratulations to the following HOSA members who placed in Region Competition:
Kayleigh Dyches First Place - Medical Reading
Brionna Hickson First Place - Pharmacology
Katelyn Walker & Micaela Wert First Place - CPR/First Aid Team
Jennifer Lindsey First Place - Home Health Aid
Caitlin Francis Second Place - Medical Reading
- Congratulations to our most ever students participating in the Southeast United States Honor Band: Andrea Appleton, Justin Boone, Cassi Boone, Matt Cordell, Lainey Forbes, Caitlin Hill, Sara McCracken and Annie Mullins!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following nine football players for being named to the Statesboro Herald's "ALL BULLOCH COUNTY" Football Team:
Tyler Epps - Offensive Player of the Year
Will Collins - First Team Offensive Line
John deMerlier - First Team Offensive Line
Alex Viljoen - First Team Offensive Line
Kaelin Jones - First Team Defensive Line
Justin Odom - First Team Defensive Line
Marshall Duke - Honorable Mention - Offense
Keagan Carter - Honorable Mention - Defensive Back
Isaiah Francois - Honorable Mention - Linebacker
- Jasmine Roberts reached 1,000 points in her basketball career
- The following players from Southeast Bulloch were selected by the Region 1AAA coaches as ALL REGION PLAYERS for 2013.
On OFFENSE, #34 Tyler Epps - Region 1 AAA Offensive Player of the Year
#54 Will Collins - 1st Team Offensive Line
#55 Marshall Duke - 1st Team Offensive Line
#65 Alex Viljoen - 1st Team Offensive Line
#67 John deMerlier - 1st Team Offensive Line
#88 Weston Edenfield - 1st Team Tight End
#1 Antonio McMillan - 2nd Team Running Back
#6 Andrew Cribbs - 2nd Team Place Kicker
On DEFENSE, #96 Kaelin Jones - 1st Team Defensive Line
#44 Justin Odom - 1st Team Defensive Line
#7 Isaiah Francois - 1st Team Linebacker
#22 Keagan Carter - 2nd Team Defensive Back
#70 Laramie Wright - Honorable Mention Defensive Line
- SEBHS Cheerleaders placed 5th in the state recently in the AAA Division Saturday in Columbus.
- 5th State leader in rushing, 1,787 yards - Tyler Epps, Southeast Bulloch
- Congratulations to Jasmine Roberts and Casey Hadden for being named to the 2nd team All-Star Region Volleyball! Way to represent!!
- The SEBHS Swarm won 4 Grand Championships and a Best in Class AAA Title this season
- Congratulations to the following softball players for making the Region 1AAA All-Region Team:First Team: Cierra Clark
Second Team: Emma Britt, Mary Grace Manahan
Honorable Mention: Dallas McClellan
- CONGRATULATIONS to Knapp Boddiford!!!! He was named the National Proficiency Winner in Fiber Oil Crop Production. AMAZING a National winner!!! This is the second year in a row that SEBHS has had a National Winner
- Congratulations to our All-State Chorus students: Lauren Boddiford, Justin Boone, Payton Burgstiner, Alexander Davis, Zachary Futch, Melodie Gapac, Will Harden, Jordon Lee, Nick Lewis, MaryBeth Neubauer, Robin Tanaka Blitch and Rumin Tehrani.
- Lainey Forbes, winner of the Red Ribbon Week drawing located on the billboard across from Harvey’s on Northside Drive
- 2014 Governor's Honor's nominees..., Lauren Boddiford – Mathematics, Haley Fritch - Executive Management, Ian Heidler - AgriScience Biotechnology, Hayden Farthing - AgriScience Environmental, Mollie Cromley - AgriScience
- Congratulations to FFA members that competed recently:
Kristian Reinbold was 1st in Area in Senior Floral Design.
Shelbie McLaughlin was 5th in Junior Floral Design,
Jacob Proctor was 3rd in Job Interview and
Daniel Hammond - 4th in Tractor Driving.
- Katie Nevil – Georgia’s Homecoming Queen, 2013
- Ginna Groover - 2014 National Merit Semifinalist!
- Congratulations to Mikayla Crawford!
Winner of the Brooklet Peanut Festival 2013 T-shirt design contest!!!!!
- Congratulations to Jacob Proctor for being selected as a delegate to the FFA National Convention. LeAnna Miller, a 2012 graduate, was elected as FFA national delegate. She will represent Georgia at the 86th National Convention.
- Lauren Boddiford, a sophomore at Southeast Bulloch High School in Brooklet, participated in the STEM Honors Camp at Columbus State University this past summer.
- Brock Mixon, Logan Hendrix, Jake Whitaker, and Austin Hutchinson, were part of the Bulloch County 4-H Shooting Team that captured the 2013 Georgia Trap and Skeet Championship June 1, at Forest City Gun Club in Savannah.
At the nationals in Grand Island, Nebraska, the team won 1st place in the Sporting Clay Event with Jake Whitaker winning first place as the highest individual shooter in the nation! The team placed 6th in the Skeet Event and placed 8th overall in all events.
Brag Board 2012-2013
Brag Board 2012-2013
• Gage Weaver signed a letter of intent to play baseball at East Georgia State College
• Breanna Gates signed a letter of intent to run track at Albany State University
• BREANNA GATES WINS FIRST PLACE AT AAA STATE TRACK MEET. She JUMPED 17' 10 1/2".
• Phylicia Batton finished in 2nd place in the High Jump, jumping 5'2”
• Girls’ Track 1st place in region for 3rd year!
• Governor’s Honors finalist: Katy Burrell and Jacob Proctor
• JROTC Drill team, 1st place State in Female Color Guard, Unarmed Squad Event; runner-up in Armed Squad and Armed Platoons; Cody Tipton, 2nd place in individual exhibition drill
• Congratulations to our Young Georgia Authors competitors:
2nd place in the ninth grade competition, Sarayan Naviskas
And first place winners
Brandon Robinson, 12th grade,
Alexandria Hendrix, 11th grade,
Blake Highsmith, 10th grade
• 1st place at State for Dramatic Interpretation, Katie Burrell
• Congratulations to Kayleigh Dyches; she won first place in the 13th annual Georgia Educational Technology Fair Web 2.0 design on Sat. March 9.
• SEBHS Literary Team 2013, 1st place in region
• STAR Student for 2013 – Emiry Blitch
• STAR Teacher for 2013 – Susan Boddiford
• Kayleigh Dyches placed 1st in web 2.0 category in the Bulloch County tech fair.
• The SEBHS Advanced Chorus was invited to sing at the Governor's Mansion on December 9th as part of the Mansion's holiday events. The choir was greeted by the Governor and Mrs. Deal, and then performed a hour and a half set for the Mansion. Later on that afternoon Mrs. Deal even came up and sang along with the group on the front steps of the Mansion. Both the Governor and Mrs. Deal were very excited to see Bulloch County represented so well, since Governor Deal has family in our county.
• Effie Manahan was selected to the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association Class AAA 1st Team All-State team. Also, she was selected as one of 15 players in all classifications in south Georgia to play in the GACA All-Star game. Congratulations to Effie!!
• The FFA Floriculture CDE Team competed Tuesday and placed 2nd in the area. Team members are Mollie Cromley (2nd high individual), Hayden Farthing (3rdplace), Lauren Stringer, and Chandler Scott. The team will advance to state in February. Congratulations to HOSA members Kayleigh Dyches and Shelby Rice who competed at the Health IT Leadership Summit in Atlanta on Dec. 4. Their smartphone mobile app for patients with newly diagnosed patients placed in the top 3 finalists. They will be awarded $500.00 each.
• Congratulations to Emiry Blitch, Justin Boone and Zachary Futch for being selected to the All-State Reading Chorus 2013.
• Congratulations to Effie Manahan who signed a letter of intent to play softball for the Gamecocks of the University of South Carolina.
• SEBHS softball players on the All-Region Team:
1st team - Effie Manahan, Sierra Peebles, Cierra Clark
2nd team - Mary Grace Manahan
Honorable Mention: Leah McCarthy, Lindsey Crosby, BreAnna Gates
• SEBHS had two groups compete in Area 4 CDEs with FFA. The Farm Business Management team of LeAnna Miller, Josh Robbins, Lauren Boddiford, and Jacob Proctor placed 1st and will advance to state in two weeks. Josh and LeAnna tied for top individual.
• Sydney Parker competed in FFA Quiz and placed 3rd out of over 15 individuals.
• All – State Chorus 2012: Emiry Blitch, Lauren Boddiford, Justin Boone, Hannah Fordham, Zachary Futch, Amanda Jones, Kayla Masterson, MaryBeth Newbauer, Serina Scott and Alex Smith. One Act Play 2012: Cierra Crowe and Colton Prosser – All State Cast
• SEBHS Cheerleaders 2012 – Region Champions
• “Best of the Boro” – Public School: Southeast Bulloch High School SEBHS “Best in the Boro” for public schools!
• Cast and crew from "Anatomy of Gray" by Jim Leonard Region 1 AAA First Place Georgia High School Association Region One Act Competition Competition was held Tuesday, October 16 at Appling County High School in Baxley, Georgia
• Ethan Perkins, SEBHS DAR Good Citizen.
• Congratulations to Ethan Perkins for being selected for the 2012-2013 Student Advisory Council for Dr. John Barge, State Superintendent for Georgia.
• SEBHS Competition Cheerleaders won Grand Champions this past weekend at Effingham High School. Grand Champions have the highest score out of all the teams competing. Yay! Go Jackets!
• One act play won 1st place in region.
• Congratulations to Emily Oren for winning the Averitt Art Centers 2012 Holiday card show. She will receive a $300 purchase award. The Card show will be on display November 30- December 22.
• Congratulations to HOSA members Abigail Kinard, Brandon McGrady, Cory Graham, Courtney Smith, Gabrielle Frederick, Justin Miller, Justin Morales, Katelyn Walker, Nichole Oren, and Zach Hall who all earned the Statesman Award at HOSA Fall Rally.
• Congratulations to the following art students who swept the competition in the 10th-12th grade category: 1st place Courtney Cosgrove, 2nd place Emily Oren, 3rd place Brainna Porter and 4th place Sarah Bailes.
• Southeast Bulloch High School Senior Knapp Boddiford placed first in the Georgia FFA Association’s Area Four Tractor Operation and Maintenance Career Development Event.
• Congratulations to HOSA members Shelby Rice, Morgan Alford, Katie Bonnette, and Kristen Smith who placed 2nd with their entry in the HOSA Career Pathway Display. Their display earned $75.00 for our chapter and will be featured at the HOSA Fall Rally Showcase at GA. National Fair in Perry.
• The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) announced that Sydney T. Young was selected for membership.
• Forest Strickland was awarded the Bulloch County Farm Bureau Scholarship.
• Susannah Lanier, an animal science teacher at Southeast Bulloch High School, was one of 37 agriscience teachers selected from across the nation as a Teachers Turn the Key Award recipient. She was one of only two Georgians selected, and one of only seven selected from the southeastern United States. She will be recognized at the NAAE Convention, which is being held in Atlanta, November 27-December 1.
• Jessica Bearden and Casi Lee won gold at the FCCLA National Convention for Project S.A.F.E.
• Ashlyn Howard – All State Cheerleader
• Francis (Alex) Allen, a senior at Southeast Bulloch High School, won the 2012 Georgia Trig-Star Competition sponsored this summer
Brag Board 2011-2012
Brag Board 2011-2012
· Congratulations to Alex Allen for being named the State Winner in the Trig Star Contest. He will now represent Georgia in the National Contest.
· The Senior and Junior Horse Evaluation CDE Teams competed at state this weekend. The Senior Team of Jessica Bearden, Megan Cook, and Jacob Proctor placed first and will compete at Nationals in October.
· At the Area IV FFA Banquet, Knapp Boddiford was selected as Secretary and Mollie Cromley as Junior Representative to the 2012-13 Area IV Officer Team
· Forest Strickland, Bulloch County DAR Good Citizen Award
· Ladies Track & Field team won the region 3-AA championship
· Philicia Batton, new SEB record in 100 meter hurdles
· Jamal Johnson, new SEB record in discus toss
· In FCCLA competition, Casi Lee and Jessica Bearden won Gold for Community Service and will advance to Nationals.
· In FCCLA competition, Emily Prosser and Kaitlin Lynch received a Silver medal for Focus on Children
· Our SEBHS chorus rated three straight superior ratings in the Large Group Performing Ensemble Tuesday at Armstrong University. We also placed superior in every single category on the score sheet from every judge. After the stage event we then rated a perfect superior in sight-reading.
LGPE has multiple categories that you can compete at based off of the skill level of your chorus. We compete at the hardest possible level, level A.
· Kayla Lanier and Cody Hanna placed in the top 10 for the CPR/First Aid Event
· Danielle Hightower placed in the top 10 for Chapter Newsletter
· The HOSA chapter placed in the top 10 for the HOSA Week
· SEB Literary Team took 1st place in the GHSA region competition: 1st place Abi Sneathen for Girls Solo, Chas Wilson 1st place for Boys Solo, katy Burrell 1st place for Dramatic Interpretation, Storm Williams for Girls Extemporaneous Speaking and Emiry Blitch, Jessica Sherrod and Abi Sneathen for 1st place in Girls Trio
· Several FCCLA students competed in the region Star Events recently. Results from this competition:
· Jessica Bearden and Casi Lee won a gold Medal (1st place) in Community service
· Kaitlin Lynch and Emily Prosser won a Gold Medal (1st place) in Focus on Children
· Doug Flott won a Silver Medal (2nd place) in Job Interview
· The Culinary Arts team of Kimberly Burnsed, Karmen Mendez, and Jessica Spivey won a gold Medal (1st place)
· All of the above teams will be moving on to the state competition on March 15
· Holly Fields won a silver medal in Illustrated Talk
· and Taylor Bishop won a Bronze Medal in Early Childhood Education
· Salena Neuwar - SEBHS AP US History student - WON the Individual Historical Exhibit for National History Day at Georgia Southern University. Selena researched Women's Rights and titled her project "Fight Like A Girl."
Her project included a visual, paper, presentation and interview.
· Southeast Bulloch High School placed 1st at region competition on Friday at Wiresgrass Tech. School Valdosta. The members are Jessica Spivy, Karmen Mendez, and Kimberly Burnsed. They will advance to State on March 15th in Athens, GA
· SEBHS Reading Bowl placed 1st in the region of the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl
· Star Student Abigail Sneathan; Star Teacher Brent Whitaker
· Southeast Bulloch High school's Senior Lauren Beegle's holiday card was chosen to represent the Averitt Center this Holiday season and won a prize of $300!
· Congratulations to McKenzie Brannen, Katie Glisson, and Kayla Lanier who earned the HOSA Statesman Award at the HOSA Fall Rally held Oct. 12.
· Lady Jacket’s softball team finished first in the sub-region and 2nd in the region.
· Haley Beasley won 1st place and Micaela Wer won 3rd place in a state wide 9th grade art contest sponsored by the Jimmy Carter Education program. Winning entries will be posted online at www.jimmycarter.info under In the Spotlight
· Mrs. Sharon Pye, SEBHS Teacher of the Year
· Softball Team first place in the region on 9-22-2011 going into the tournament
· Congratulations to Kaitlyn Coleman for placing 3rd place in the statewide art contest sponsored by the Jimmy Carter Education fund for her grade level
· Congratulations to the following Red Ribbon week art contest winners:
Ashley Galetta won first place for billboard design, Kassie Ormsby won first place for t-shirt design and Avonlea Dixon won the local school banner design.
Brag Board 2010-2011
- The Southeast Bulloch Lady Jackets won the Region 3-AA and qualified for the GHSA state championships in 10 events.
State qualifiers for the Lady Jackets were Chelsea Oglesby in shot put, Jordan McKeehan in pole vault, Philicia Batton in high jump and 100-meter hurdles, Brianna Gates in long jump and 100-meter dash, and Dineshia Baker in the triple jump and the 400.
Also finishing in second place were both relay teams.
The 4x100-meter relay team was Brianna Gates, Baker, Nira Byrd and Jerika Budgett, and the 4x400 team was Brianna Gates, Dineshia Baker, Nira Byrd and Katie Neville.
The Southeast Bulloch boys’ team placed fourth at the Region 3-AA finals.
David Johnson qualified for state with second-place finishes in shot put and discus, and his brother Jamal Johnson won discus and finished third in the shot-put.
Also qualifying for state were Terrell Paulson, who finished second in the 400, and Bodie Collins, who placed second in the 300 hurdles.
- FCCLA competitors who recently attended the state competition:
The Culinary Team of Patrick White and Valarie Thompson received a silver medal for placing 2nd.
In the Early Childhood Education event Megan Lanier received a silver medal for 2nd place.
For the Chapter Service Project Display, the team of Brooke Olliff and Kaitlin Lynch received the silver medal for placing 2nd.
And in the Job Interview event, Jessica Fountain received the gold medal for 1st place and also received a $500 scholarship.
- Mrs. Bobbi Moreno is State’s Top Foreign Language Teacher
- Recently the SEBHS JROTC was invited to participate in the state drill meet in Augusta, Georgia. The Squad Unarmed and the Squad Armed placed 1st in these two divisions. The Squad Unarmed led by Corporal Matthew Dunigan included Major Margaret Cryer, Captain Vincent Terry, First Sergeant Matthew Tipton, First Sergeant Eric Anderson, Sergeant Adrienne Morris and 2nd Lieutenant Joshua Tacy. The Squad Armed was led by First Sergeant Eric Anderson and included Major Priscilla Cryer, Captain Vincent Terry, First Sergeant Matthew Tipton, Corporal Matthew Dunigan, 2nd Lieutenant Joshua Tacy and Sergeant Adrienne Morris.
- The SEB FFA Farm Business Management Team won the state competition at the Super Saturday events held in Covington.
Sam Hicks - 1st place high individual
Forest Strickland - 3rd place high individual
Roger Allen - 5th place high individual
Joseph Strickland - 9th place high individual
- SEBHS Literary Team placed 2nd in the state; Abi Sneathen placed second in Girls Solo; Jake Manahan was fourth in Boys Solo; Coty Marsh was third in Boys Dramatic Interpretation; Matt Upchurch was sixth in Boys Extemporaneous Speaking; and Crystal Carter is the state champion Girls Extemporaneous Speaker.
- Crystal Carter, 1st place and Alyssa Sanders, 2nd place in the Kiwanis Speech Contest.
- Sam Whitaker competed in the Area 4 FFA Discussion Meet CDE. He won and will advance to State in April.Ginna Groover competed in the Area 4 FFA Quiz CDE. She won and will advance to State in April.
- Congratulations to the following FFA members:
- Congratulation to Desiree Orlando, an 11th grader who was selected as the overall winner of the 2010 Agricultural Art Contest sponsored by the Statesboro-Bulloch County Chamber of Commerce Agribusiness Committee and Bulloch County Farm Bureau.
- Samuel Hicks, a senior at Southeast Bulloch High School, gave Bulloch County back-to-back Georgia Trig-Star championships when he achieved the highest score state-wide on the competition’s timed trigonometry exercises. Hicks also had the seventh highest score in the nation. He received $1,000 from the National Society of Professional Surveyors, who sponsors the contest annually.
- Congratulations to Chas Wilson, Jake Manahan and Emiry Blitch who made All-State Chorus!
- Congratulations to Jake Manahan who has made the WORLD WIDE virtual choir by the famous modern composer "Eric Whitacre"!!! He was in the first 100 videos accepted, and will be featured in the world wide choral performance by video that will be released to the public soon!!!
- Congratulations to Teimekka Hardin who won the Billboard Contest for Red Ribbon Week. Teimekka's art work is displayed on a billboard across from Dairy Queen on Hwy 80. Take the opportunity to check it out!
- Also congratulations to Callie Martin who won the banner contest for Red Ribbon Week. Her banner is located outside the main entrance to the school.
- Congratulation to Mrs. Sharon Pye - Health Sciences Teacher Educators Association, Teacher of the Year!
- Southeast Bulloch High School Spanish Teacher Bobbi Lyn Moreno was selected by the Foreign Language Association of Georgia as its teacher of the year for the state. She was chosen from 900, K-12 and post-secondary teachers of foreign languages in Georgia. FLAG representatives stated that Moreno was selected due to her teaching philosophy, her approach to language learning, her strengths of using technology and collaboration, how she incorporates culture and her promotion of foreign language learning outside the classroom to the community, parents and administrators.
- Southeast Bulloch High School’s National FFA Organization Chapter was selected by the Georgia Vocational Agriscience Teachers Association as the state’s most “Outstanding FFA Program.
- Chas Wilson was accepted into the prestigious Governor’s Honors program in music.
2009-2010 Brag Board
- Ms. Cathy Powell was named 2009 Georgia Council for Social Studies Outstanding Educator for high school.
- Lauren Beegle - winner of the billboard contest for Red Ribbon week.
- Courtney Holder - winner of the banner contest for the school for Red Ribbon Week.
- Ashlyn Starling and Ashley Cromley participated in the Area 4 Central Region FFA Floral Design career development event on Monday, 9-14-09. Ashlyn competed in the Junior event and Ashley competed in the senior event. Ashlyn placed 6th out of 19 contestants. Ashley placed 6th out of 10 contestants.
- Congratulations to Megan Lanier who placed first (a gold medal) in Early Childhood Education in the National FCCLA Star events in Nashville, Tennessee this summer.
- Congratulations to Sam Hicks for being the Trig-Star winner for SEBHS.
- Austin Akins was elected central region IV FFA Treasurer.
- SEBHS FFA awarded National 3 Star Gold Emblem Chapter for the 2nd year.
- Benquavius (Nira) Byrd has been named an All-American Scholar as announced by the United States Achievement Academy
2008-2009 Brag Board
- Ms. Mincey was named the Bulloch County Tech Liaison of the Year!
- AIan Foster and Jordan Foster signed a letter of intent to play soccer at the University of South Carolina at Salkehatchie.
- 2nd place trophy - Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl region at Augusta
- The SEB math team -- Georgia Southern University Mathematics Tournament on Saturday, January 31st. They were competing against 34 A, AA and AAA teams from all over Southeast Georgia. They received trophies for:
- 1st place Varsity team: Greg Parker, Brianna Goodman, Nathan Davis, William Groover
- 3rd place Varsity team: Sam Hicks, Tim Montgomery, Joel Page, Kristian Terrell
- 1st place Junior Varsity team: Tea Bibeti, Bridget Devlin, Forest Strickland, Joseph Strickland
- 1st place Varsity Individual: Greg Parker
- SEBHS - 2nd year state of the art facility!
- Southeast Bulloch Yellow Jacket Corps of Cadets supports the Martin Luther King Day Parade for the eighteenth straight year
- SEB Math Team -- Georgia Southwestern Mathematics Tournament
- Greg Parker -- 1st place individual
- Nathan Davis -- 2nd place individual
- William Groover -- 3rd place individual
- 1st place team in AA:
- Greg Parker, Nathan Davis, William Groover, Joel Page, Tim Montgomery, Kristian Terrell, Robert Finch, Sam Hicks, Joseph Strickland and Tea Bibeti.
- SEB FFA Alumni Chapter receives Charter
- Jarrett Fail (SEB FFA Alumni Member) -- American Degree Recipient at 81st National FFA Convention
- SEB FFA Chapter -- 3 Star National Chapter Award at 81st National FFA Convention
- SEB FFA Chapter -- met 100% membership goal
- Mary C Cromley -- 3rd place in Region Senior Prepared Public Speaking Event
- Jeremy Webster -- 1st place in Region Creed Speaking Event
- Valerie Noles -- Central Region Area IV President
- Ashley Aldrich - 2nd place Region Junior Prepared Public Speaking Event
- Georgia National Fair:
- Michael Pritchard and Austin Akins
- Reserve Champion Horticulture Chapter Display
- Reserve Grand Champion Landscape Design Drawing
- 1ST PLACE BLUE RIBBONS
- Raven Doyle – Horticulture
- Charity Wilbon- Horticulture
- Casey Anderson – Horticulture
- Channing Reames - Horticulture
- Jonathen Bunch – Landscape Design
- Victoria Herndon - Landscape Design
- Skyler Hudson/Brianna Goodman – Forestry Chapter Display
HOSA 2008-2009 Region Winners
- Ashley Jarriel and Kayce Lanier 1st place CPR & First Aid
- Victoria Bowen 2nd place Medical Math
- Dnaria Johnson 3rd place Nurse Assisting
- Kelly Wendel 3rd place Dental Terminology
- Casey Wiggins 4th place Medical Terminology
SEBHS softball team –
- 2008 region champions
- SEBHS softball team qualified for the Elite 8 in Columbus, GA for 4th year in a row; placed 3rd in the state
- Megan Barnwell was named as Co-Pitcher of the year from the South!!!!! She will be the NUMBER ONE pitcher in the Senior All Star Game that will be played at Kennesaw State on June 10th.
- Softball players named to the All State team:
- Megan Barnwell made the first team!
- Bridget Devlin made the second team!
- Ashley Clifton and Lauren Crosby made the 3rd team!
- Valerie Noles was WTOC's Top Teen in October 2008
- Sara Schmidt qualified for our first ever state swim competition!
- On November 1st in San Diego, Sam Strozzo placed 4th in the national American Enterprise Speech Contest
- The SEBHS competitive cheerleading squad tied for 3rd in our region and competed for the State title
- Mrs. Moreno's Spanish I students received a medal for most creative at the International Festival at Mill Creek on November 15, 2008
- Mrs. Bobbi Lynn Moreno was awarded the FLAG (Foreign Language Association of GA) 2009 Fostering Partnerships Award. This is a very prestigious award and was based on Ms. Moreno’s impressive record of outreach and collaboration to make language come alive for her students. She was chosen from nominees submitted around the state
- Mrs. Tiffany Todd is the Southeast Bulloch High School Teacher of the Year and Bulloch County Teacher of the Year
- Mrs. Tiffany Todd was named WTOC's Top Teacher
- STAR Student of the Year: Daniel Lindsey
- STAR Teacher of the Year: Mrs. Linda Fix
- Mrs. Virginia Everett has been selected as a participant in the PRISM Teacher Leader Program for Science and Mathematics
- A Public School of Excellence
- Georgia School of Excellence in Student Achievement
- A National School of Excellence
- A National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
2007-2008 Brag Board
- Ashlin , one of outstanding seniors, wrote the winning essay for the Blessed Assurance Essay Contest at the Averitt Center. She was awarded $75.00. Her essay will be published in the Statesboro Herald. Congratulations, Ashlin!
- Softball Region 3-AA All Region Team - Megan , Ashley , Bridget and DeAnne.
- Our one-act play cast placed first in One-Act Play Region competition! The cast performed "The Last Gladiator". In addition, Best Actor went to Kyle and Best Actress went to Sarah. The actors named to the "All Star" acting team were Deanna, Tye , and Kristin
- Congratulations to Jared who came in 1st place in his division of the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition for our region which is Georgia and Alabama on Sunday at the Atlanta Falcons football game at the Dome. He had fun and even got to shake hands with some of the current Atlanta Falcon Players.
- Great job, Jared! Jared also kicks for our football team!
- Girls Cross Country Region Winners!
- WTOC Top Teacher - Mrs. Yvette Smith
- The SEBHS "Swam" came home with gold medals, sweeping top honors including the grand champion award at the 2007annual Sound of Silver Marching Band competition.
- Georgia National Fair winners:
- Kendall - Reserve Champion Overall
- 1st place ribbon - Landscape Design Drawing
- Sam -
- 1st place ribbon - Landscape Design Drawing
- Valerie -
- 1st place ribbon - Landscape Design Drawing
- Amber -
- 2nd place ribbon - Landscape Design Drawing
- Paige, Rebekah -
- 3rd place ribbon - Forestry Mini Booth
- Chandler and William -
- Section Champion Gardening with Gourds.
- Kendall - Reserve Champion Overall
- Georgia National Fair Forestry Chapter Booth
- 1st Place
- Georgia National Fair Forestry Chapter Mini Booth
- Candace - 1st Place
- Georgia National Fair Forestry Mini Booth
- 1st Place Katlynn & Samatha
- Georgia National Fair Forestry Mini Booth
- 1st Place - Skyler
- Georgia National Fair Forestry Mini Booth
- 3rd Place - Brandon
- Georgia National Fair Horticulture Chapter Booth 2nd Place Georgia National Fair Horticulture Chapter Mini Booth 1st Place Brianna & Kasey Georgia National Fair Horticulture Chapter Mini Booth 1st Place Hannah & Ansley Georgia National Fair Horticulture Chapter Mini Booth 1st Place William G & Chandler Georgia National Fair Horticulture Chapter Mini Booth 2nd Place Justin Georgia National Fair Horticulture Chapter Mini Booth 2nd Place Charity & Victoria
- Alan was given a scholarship and participated in the prestigious summer percussion clinic music program at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts this summer.
- Casey was selected as a member of the Georgia ARML (American Regions Mathematics League) team for 2007.
- Southeast Bulloch High School had the highest percentage of first-time takers passing the GHSGWT with (96%).
- Ten of our students made it into Georgia State University Honors Chorus this year! These students participated on Friday in the Honor’s Chorus in Atlanta. The students are:
2006-2007 Brag Board
- The Southeast Bulloch participants in the Special Olympics had a wonderfully successful day on Friday, March 30th at the Georgia Southern University track. There were 8 athletes who entered 14 events. They won 7 - 1st place ribbons, 5 - 2nd place red ribbons, and 2 - 3rd place ribbons.
- FFA Week Observance Award
- Area 4 winner – Southeast Bulloch
- These students & chapters will all be recognized at the 79th State FFA Convention. Congratulations to all winners!
- FCCLA participated in region Star events this past weekend.
- The Culinary team won a silver award and another team won a silver award in Chapter service display and will be advancing to State in April.
- Congratulation HOSA for sending two students to State competition!
- Congratulations to the Literary Team for winning the region and advancing to State!
- Congratulations to the Debate Team for qualifying for the National Debate Championship in Houston , Texas on Memorial Day weekend!
- Congratulations to the SEB Math Team!
- The SEB math team participated in the Armstrong Atlantic State Mathematics Tournament on Saturday, March 3 competing against 26 A, AA and AAA teams from all over Georgia. The varsity team of Corrie Hicks, Toby Sanders, Fisher Strickland and Casey Woodrum received a first place trophy. They were FAR AHEAD of second place Pike County and third place Savannah County Day!
- Congratulations to Sam Strozzo 1st place winner of the American Enterprise Speech Contest on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at Armstrong Atlantic University.
- SOUTHEAST BULLOCH FFA MEMBERS ADVANCE IN SPEAKING CONTESTS!
- Emily McGuire placed 1st in the sub-region Creed speaking competition and will compete at the region finals in March.
- Congratulations to the Student Council and Health Occupations classes for a successful Blood Drive on Friday, January 12th. Our school made 155% of our goal with 157 donors signed up to give blood. Outstanding job!!
- Congratulations to Ashley Akins, DAR Good Citizen Southeast Bulloch High School and Bulloch County DAR Good Citizen!
- Debate Team - winners in the Public Forum
- Sam Strozzo - winner of the Lincoln - Douglas debate!
- American Diabetes Association 3rd in the county (out of 17) raising funds
- Congratulations to Sam Strozzo for receiving a Bronze Emblem for the National FFA Extemporaneous Public Speaking Career Development Event at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana on October 28th, 2006.
- Girls Softball team - 2nd place Region and participated in the "Elite 8" for the 2nd year in a row.
- 94% of first time test takers passed the GHSGT!
- Youth Service America (YSA) has selected Ms. Yvette Smith as a State Farm Good Neighbor Service-Learning Grant winner. As one of 100 grant winners, she was chosen from applicants across the United States for her leadership and commitment to engage youth in service-learning.
- The SEB math team competed against 30 of the top schools in Georgia in all five GHSA classifications at Mercer University Mathematics Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 11th. They brought back a third place trophy and defeated some of the top schools in GA (including Statesboro High)!!
2005-2006 Brag Board
- Georgia State University Honor Band:
- Candice Hinkle
- Mindy Wise
- Congratulations to our Governor's Honor Nominees:
- Steven Roberson - 11 grade - Visual Arts
- Brooke Brookins - 11 grade - Dance
- Ashley Akins - 11 grade - Communicative Arts
- Casey Woodrum - 10 grade - Mathematics
- Kaitlin Brannen - (10) - AgriScience Biotechnology
- Justin Brown - (10) - AgriScience Biotechnology
- Sara Ervin - (11) - AgriScience Environmental Science
- 99% of first time test takers passed the HSGT writing assessment!
- All-State Choir:
- Congratulations to Kelli Flott and Chris McCollum for being selected for All-State Choir!
- Congratulations to Kayla Mills for being selected as an All-State Art Show participant. This is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a Georgia high school art student. To our knowledge, this is the first time that a student from Southeast Bulloch High School has been chosen to display a piece in this prestigious exhibit.
Brag Board 2004-2005
- One Act Play Region 3AA Champion
- Kelly Nielsen Region Best Actress for the 2nd year in a row
- Congratulations to the SEB Junior Varsity Math Team being named the AA state champion at the State Junior Varsity Tournament held at Woodward Academy on Saturday, April 16.
- Nine students were nominees for the Governor’s Honors Program in AgriScience .David Cromley was selected to participate in the Governor’s Honor Program this year at Valdosta State University. This is a 6 week program that gives the intellectually gifted students a chance to expand their horizons. David is the son of Barbara and Chap Cromley of Brooklet. Sam Strozzo wins 1st place at the State Literary Meet.
- On Saturday, March 19, 2005, Sam Strozzo, a freshman student at SEBHS placed first in Extemporaneous Speaking at the State Literary Meet. He had competed March 11th at Middle College in Cochran in the region meet and placed 2nd out of 14 teams competing. When the first place contestant was unable to attend the state competition, Sam went to Houston County High School in Warner Robbins. His topic was “The future of the Hewlet Packard Company”. Sam is the son of Tim and Holli Strozzo of Brooklet.
- Amanda Spivy won State Track Championship in the discus with a throw of 112'2". Amanda is the daughter of Freida and Robert Spivy.